Form and presentation
Box of 4 tablets under blister packs of Alu/PVC
Tinidazole BP 500 mg
Tinidazole 500 mg tablets is indicated for oral treatment of:
- Trichomonas vaginalis infections of the genito-urinary tract in botch female and male patients. When infection with Trichomonas vaginalis has been confirmed or is suspected, similtaneous treatment of the consort is recommended.
- Intestinal and liver infections caused by: Entamoeba histolytica and Gardia lamblia intestinal infections.
- Vaginitis caused by Gardnerella vaginalis (non-specific vaginitis): tinidazole can also be used for treatment of vaginitis caused by Gardnerella vaginalis.
- Infections caused by anaerobic bacteria: tinidazole is still indicated for the treatment of infections in which anaerobic bacteria have been confirmed or are suspected. Amond these, the most important germs are: Bacteroides fragilis, others Bacteroides and Fusobactera spp.
- Tinidazole exhibits also bactericidal activity on strains of Peptococcus spp., Peptostreptococcus spp., Clostridium spp., Eubacteria spp., and Veillonella spp.
Tinidazole has been succesfully administered for the treatment of infections caused by one or several of the anaerobic microorganisms mentionned above particularly in certains cases of septicaemia, chronic sinusitis, pneumonia, emphysema, lung abscess, osteomyelytis caused by Bacteroides, septic abortion, peritonitis, abdominal (gastro-intestinal) phlegmon post-operative infections and post operative infections.